What is Sexual Harassment Training?
Sexual harassment is the most common type of workplace harassment. Recent statistics show that more than half of all workers (54%) have experienced some form of sexual harassment in the workplace. Because of its prevalence and damaging affects to an organization's productivity, morale, and culture, employers must try and actively prevent and eliminate sexual harassment in their organization.
The first step in preventing and eliminating sexual harassment involves educating all members of the workforce on sexual harassment and acceptable behaviors. Managers and supervisors must be given additional specialized training on how to properly handle cases of sexual harassment. The final step is setting up a process for when sexual harassment occurs: handling complaints, investigations, and corrective measures.
Who Needs to Comply with Sexual Harassment Training?
Workplace harassment, which includes sexual harassment, is prohibited by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which prohibits employers with 15 or more employees from discriminating on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, or national origin. The law applies to federal, state, and local employers and governs all employment actions. Laws regarding workplace harassment are enforced by the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
In addition, six states (California, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Maine, and New York) have their own state laws specifically addressing sexual harassment:
- California - AB 1825, AB 2053, SB 396, SB 1300, SB 1343
- Connecticut - Connecticut Human Rights and Opportunity Act, Time's Up Act
- Delaware - HB 360
- Illinois - SB 0075 Illinois Human Rights Act, Work Transparency Act
- Maine - Maine Employment Laws Revised Statute, Title 26, Section 807
- New York - New York Human Rights Law § 296.1, New York City Stop Sexual Harassment Act
How It Works
- Register for the individual training
- Login as your convenience 24x7
- Take the training and pass the final exam
- You receive a pdf certificate immediately upon passing the final exam
- Register for the Organizational Training
- Login to your administration account and copy the template instructions provided
- Email template instructions to your staff
- Sit back and the certificates for everyone will be emailed to you as they complete their training
Why Choose Us?
We are the leader in user friendly Sexual Harassment training and compliance and our mission is to make Sexual Harassment training compliance fast, easy, and painless. We've done all the hard work so you don't have to.
We hope you'll give us a try and in return we promise exceptional training and compliance products at an affordable price and to treat each of our customers with the utmost care and raving support.
Training that is user friendly and easy to understand
Nationally recognized certificate
Individual & organizational training available
Spanish version included at no charge
Cumulative group discounts available
We offer phone support and not just email
Unique zero administration system for groups
Works on PCs, Macs, iPads, iPhones, Android Tablets, Android Phones,and more
Complete your training online on any device, anywhere,anytime 24 x 7.
Other Trainings Available
OSHA Hazard Communications Training
Training and compliance for the U.S. OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200) which specifies that when hazardous chemicals are present in the workplace, employees have a right to know about the risks involved with storing and handling such substances.